The Lantern Lodge Hotel is small privately run hotel situated on the cliff top right next to the South Devon Coastal path and overlooking the secluded fishing village of Hope Cove with its Devon thatch cottages, clean, sandy and safe beaches.
Near by are the old traditional towns of Kingsbridge, Salcombe and Dartmouth all offering their own individual character and all offering that little extra to make your stay in the South Hams that extra special and unique. Also close by are Thurlestone, Bigbury and Dartmouth golf courses all with stunning views of the area and fantastic and challenging course’s.
The Lantern Lodge Hotel has its own special extra’s to offer including an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, double, twin and four poster rooms all with en-suite facilities and some with sea views. 9 hole putting green and plenty of car parking.There is a restaurant where breakfast and dinner is served. Next to the restaurant is a well stocked bar and a extensive wine list offering wines from all around the world.
The hotel is so named after its attractive leafily-clad 'Lantern window.' Local folklore would have us believe that this type of window was specially designed to hold and display an illuminated lantern which could be seen from all three aspects far out to sea, acting as a beacon to safely guide home all their boats. Nowadays, our Lantern window serves very much the same purpose in welcoming back our contented guests year after year.
PLACES OF INTEREST TO VISIT
- Kingsbridge - Beautiful beaches, stunning scenery, fine food, golf, walking, sailing, Kingsbridge in Southernmost Devon has it all and so much more.
- Salcombe - Located in the most southerly part of Devon surrounded by villages, coastal scenery and stunning beaches. Walk the coastal footpath, sail in the estuary, or enjoying a leisurely ferry trip there is always plenty of activities in this delightful unspoilt area in South Devon.
- Dartmouth - Fishing town with its own Castle
- Totnes - Castle and Stream Train which take you to Buckfastleigh.
- Buckfast Abbey.
- National Trust Homes
- Plymouth - Historic Naval City with trips around the dock side and the famous Plymouth Hoe where there is a statue of Sir Francis Drake, the first Englishman to circumnavigate the Globe. He was born in the near by town of Tavistock which is located on Dartmoor, a beautiful National Park of moorland and Tors to visit and walk.
- The Eden Project - Cornwall (About 1 ½ hours by road)